2003 Suzuki Volusia 800
What can I say! I absolutely love this bike!
At 53 years old, 5'2" short, and around 200 lbs, I had been searching for "The Bike" for me when I came across a 2003 Suzuki VL 800 at a regional dealership's used inventory garage. I did end up purchasing my jewel from a private seller a month or so after that first look. There were several things about this motorcycle that have impressed me:
1. She picks up easily from the stand- a lot easier than my prior 500cc bike (not a Suzuki). Her center of gravity is very low and she is so well-balanced, that she feels lighter than she really is.
2. I could toe to the floor both sides at once. Later I had lowering links installed, which provides me with the ability to flat-foot both sides at once.
3. My stance/sitting is very comfortable. The wide seat is very comfortable for a full day of riding. I do not experience any butt fatigue like I used to with a narrower seat.
4. The VL 800 has a solid feel to her, well connected to the road and allows me to creep in traffic at slower speeds while maintaining a straight line of travel... no more wabbling as I used to with the top-heavy 500cc!
5. Wonderfully maneuverable. I am able to make turns on her that I could only dream about on my previous bike.
6. Her instrument panel in simple and easy to read, and includes a gas gauge.
7. She has plenty of pep for a quick start from a light or for an emergency maneuver.
8. She has a formidable appearance. So many times I have remarks from others that they are surprised that I could ride such a big bike. They are shocked to hear that she is an 805cc, as she just looks bigger.
I could go on & on, but I think these are the most notable model-specific pro's of the Suzuki Volusia 800, later renamed the Suzuki c50 Boulevard. It's a great ride for someone of shorter stature looking for well grounded stability and great cruiser looks!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Suzuki.