her-motorcycle.com

2002 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100

by Jean
(Fritch, TX)

Morning Star

Morning Star

Hi everyone. I started riding in Aug of 2010, my new adventure with riding started with learning/riding on a 1988 Honda Shadow VT800. I sold her last spring. In July I found my new bike, Morning Star. She only had 3,000 miles on her, she use to be a garage queen...now she is a road queen. I have replaced the soft saddle bags with sissy bar bag, have added a mustang seat,lindby bars, luggage rack, and I also cut down the windshield.
Over Labor Day weekend, my husband and I hauled our bikes to Pagosa Springs, Co to my sister and brother in laws home. They also ride. We all rode to Silverton, Co and spent the night. The next day we rode the Million Dollar hi-way to Ouray, CO. It was the first time for many things for me on this thrilling trip. Living in the top part of TX, we don't exactly have many sharp curves, so the switch backs were new for me and they were a blast! One of those...scary but fun...kind of moments. We also were rained on, so riding in the rain was another first for me. All in all, it was a blast!

Comments for 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 22, 2012
Anonymous
by: Jean

As long as you're alright, the bike part can be fixed. I have dropped mine in front of people I was really wanting to impress (my sister and her hubby) I got to drop mine coming out of a gas station going up to Ouray CO. Was I embarresed? OH YEA! Nothing was damaged on my bike, just my pride. I had was ready to pull out on to the street when a car came zipping around the corner, I stopped, put my foot down, unfortunately there was the dip for water drainage, also it was on a slope (dang gum hills!! lol) and I had changed seats, not realizing that it raised me up higher than the stock seat. I just couldn't hold her up. Oh well, if that is the worst thing that can ever happen to us, then I believe we'll be alright! Big grin.
You'll find that the weight doesn't matter, and you'll even enjoy it out on the highways. You don't get tossed around as much as when you are on a lighter bike. We can have very strong winds here, such as scrapping the pegs just to keep your bike going straight, so I really appreciate the heavier bike. You'll find that your Sabre is a great bike to ride, they can leave all others at the stop lights and they handle curves and twisty roads great. My husband is riding a VTX 1300, and I can out run him if I so desire.
I still go to the parking lot just to stay tuned up for what-ever may happen. Besides, it's fun to see how slow and/or tight I can make my circles.
Enjoy your new sabre, they really are great bikes!
Ride safe, ride hard
Jean

Feb 22, 2012
Shadow 1100 orange flames:-)
by: Anonymous

Ok so my husband just got me a honda shadow 1100 orange flame color. I haven't ridden a bike before besides a dirt bike when i was 10 years old - yeah a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG time ago - now 43! I took the harley davidson 2 day bike course and pass with flying colors. But now, it's time to ride my bike, yes heavier than the Buell's i rode at harley and i so do not want to drop it! I practice around my development doing an excellent job, i am use to the weight now and think (after 4 days of this) i am ready for the open roads:-) So off i go with my husband who is behind me on his Honda 1300 to dinner at a restaurant a mile from our house. Whew i made it and felt great, it's gonna be a good night (so i thought). Dinner over back on the bikes to come home, get ready to turn into our development (which has been in the process of being paved), and this is the first night i have driven in the dark, i go to turn and drop i do:-( Pride is shaddered husband is freaking out behind me, i am okay, but bike has a slight boo boo (left rear turn signal damaged). Bike is heavy but with practice i am confident that i will get used to it and have many fun eventures out on the open road:-)

Nov 06, 2011
Great bike
by: Cathy

Nice bike! I have a 2004 Sabre that I love.....and I used to ride a Harley!

Nov 06, 2011
Shadow
by: Yvonne - NC

Beautiful bike. I have a 2000 Shadow VT1100 and just love it. Bought it in August 2009, it also had low mileage, doesn't any more. Couldn't ride it until June 2010 though, was recuperating from a scooter wreck. Have put about 5000 miles on it since. Had to retire because of the wreck, but hasn't stopped me from riding. Keep enjoying the ride.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Honda.

Her Motorcycle

Our Newsletter
Email

Name

Then

Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Her-Motorcycle.com Ezine.

Home
Most Popular Discussions
All Forums Her-Motorcycle Forum Ask A Motorcycle Question Women's Motorcycle Clubs

Guest Content
Submit

Your Bikes
The Bikes Women Love To Ride

Just Ride!
Learn to Ride Best Motorcycle For A Woman Sport/Touring Bikes New Bikes Used Bikes Bike Values Insurance

Road Trips
USA Road Trips Europe Road Trips Motorcycle Friendly Accomodation

Gear & Gadgets
Helmet Hair Motorcycle Riding Gear Online Partners Parts & Gear Search Motorcycle Accessories

Archives & Resources
Guest Articles History Maintenance Winterizing A Motorcycle
[?] Subscribe To This Site

XML RSS
follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines

| Home | What's New | Site Search | About | Contact | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy |

Return to Top
Copyright© 2007-2013 Her-Motorcycle.com. All Rights Reserved.